Friday, April 2, 2010

Our lovely Living Quarters






So right now we are staying in a Villa on base. Sounds so nice right!? On the base website the Villas looks so nice! Yeah thats b/c they have one section that is remodeled but they fail to put up there that the other ones are old haha. I guess they are remodeling the ones were in on May 1st. Well I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Its not super nice but its not the sickest thing i've ever seen! It works for now and I guess thats what matters. It has a washer and dryer, its pretty much fully furnished so thats good for us since were living out of suitcases. When we got here it looked ok but when I started to clean I was like WOW do they ever clean these!? Well the rugs probably hadn't been moved in a while and I swept up a lot of stuff. Im talking in each room I had a pile. Oh well though! I mean at least if I cleaned it I know its clean. Its only temporary and it really isn't that bad. I am just really looking forward to having our own house.
Yesterday Tyler was doing some more checking in and he went over to housing and they told him they had housing available and that someone from housing would call us today or tomorrow. Well within a couple of hours the housing office called my phone and said they would like to offer us a house! I was very relieved to know that we will be getting a house sooner then we thought. They originally told us the wait was 2-4 months. We get to do a walk through on the 28th of April and we get our house on the 5th of May! They gave us the address so we of course did a drive by....twice haha. The housing area looks nice and its right over by one of the beaches on base. Yay for getting our house soon! I'm so excited to start decorating! I want to do a lot more decorating then I did in my old house. So it might be a longer process but I want to LOVE my house and my goal is to do that!

6 comments:

  1. well iam excited that you are getting a house soon.ugh it sounds so much better than 29 palms.haha keep having fun & enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! When I was stationed on Camp Smith, and I lived in the barracks, we didn't have air conditioning, lol. I had to rely on the ocean breeze! Aww.. I miss Hawaii. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,
    The Air Conditioner was out for the first couple days we were here haha. The ocean breeze actually kept it pretty cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you would have a picture of you and the vacuum! lol that's so you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see you on here! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, good luck and hope you do get that house soon! have fun decorating!! :)

    ReplyDelete