Wednesday, May 19, 2010

11 months!


Lydia is 11 months old today! I cant believe that in just one short month she will be 1! It makes me a little sad that she is getting so big but so happy at the same time!
She is becoming such a big girl!
I have been trying to upload my videos on here but it has been taking forever or something doesn't work right so I am going to post some videos up on facebook that I have been slacking on. Some might bore you but I think that they are cute!
Lydia has been doing lots lately!
She still says Momma when she feels like it and same with Dada.
She says more! I was so proud of her b/c I was trying to teach her the sign for more since thats pretty much the only one I know and every time I would do the sign I would say do you want more? More, more, more?? One day she said MA MA MA. Not momma which is clearly mama when she says it. I was like oh my goodness she is saying more! I was so proud of her! She likes to get mad when she sees food and wants some and then says ma ma. Now I can kind of get her to repeat it after me if she wants more food. Well only if she isnt to hungry b/c then she will just cry.
She is waving really good now! When we say hi or bye bye she likes to wave with both of her chubby little hands it is way to cute. I sware she is trying to say bye bye. She said ba ba and we don't give her bottles anymore so I know thats not it. She has only done it a couple of times but hey I like to think she is saying it.
She blows kisses! I love it! She even makes the muah sound since we do it at her when we blow her kisses!
She LOVES to play with Lily's kitchen! She crawls over to the shopping cart and pushes it around. Her and Lily fight over the shopping cart and the baby stroller. So it looks like I will be having double of those soon b/c I think they both need there own. The fighting has already begun. Lydia really loves to play with her toys though. Its so cute to watch her play.
She likes to crawl up the stairs whenever the baby gate isn't up. Which lately it is up all the time. More then a couple times we turned our head for a second and she was halfway up the starts already. Lily either likes to taddle on her that she is climbing up the stairs or she is right in front of her saying come on Lydia. Its so cute to watch them together. Lydia loves to play with her sissy and all of her sissy's things.
She has also been standing up all be herself! When we put her down to stand up she will stand up for a few seconds and then decide umm yeah right I think I would rather be on my butt or crawling around. Lately she has been standing up on stuff and letting go for a few seconds and last night I stood her up and had Tyler hold out his watch for her to grab and she totally stood up for like 20 seconds! No steps though. I think once she realizes that no one is holding on to her she doesn't want to stand anymore. She slowly bends her knees and down to the ground she goes.
She is still a big time Mommas girl! She is such a happy girl but feels most comfortable at her own house. I always tell people that she is a totally different baby out and about then at home. When we are out around new people she is quiet and only smiles at certain people. She likes to check out everything I think. She can give a mean little mean mug. When new people talk to her she will give them a smile sometimes but she is still very weary of people. Like when we go to the store and people talk to her she will just freak out and do the saddest cry. I don't know if she just gets scared or thinks I am leaving her or what. A lot of the time it happens when were at the commisary shopping for groceries and the bagger ladies try to talk to her. She gets so sad. So I always end up getting her out of the cart and she immediately stops crying. But at home she is so so happy and so so loud haha. She likes to scream and yell and make lots of noise! She is on the go around the house and loves her space.
The past few days she has really been trying to climb on things. One of her favorites is the baby stroller. She likes to climb in it and it makes me nervous b/c if she falls out backwards that would hurt and be scary especially since our house doesn't have carpet. Thankfully I got a big area rugs but still the ground is hard. Well tonight before bed time I let her climb in it since it was pushed against the couch and I was sitting right next to her and then I made her sit on her butt and Lily pushed her around it in. Its actually a graco double stroller for dolls but that thing is sturdy and can hold Lily. So Lydia got pushed around the house in it. She held on tight to the sides and kicked her feet almost the whole time Lily pushed her around. The girls were having lots of fun. When I took Lydia out she kept on trying to climb back in. Silly girl. I wonder how long she would of let Lily push her around haha.
She has pretty much only been eating big people food. She has an occasional baby food jar but mostly all big girl food! I still get worried that she will choke so I try to brake things up small and not give her things that I think she would be able to choke on. She likes to eat by herself which is nice b/c I break up her food and just set it on her highchair for her. Oh by the way! I am SO glad to have a highchair again! It totally sucked not having ours for almost 2 months. It is way easier to feed Lydia at meal times now. She loves food! She loves her snacks and her meals and could probably snack all day along with the meals she eats haha. I love my big momma!
Oh yeah! I have been wanting to blog about this but I figured I would just add it in here! Her hair has been getting longer of course and will probably need a trim in the back at some point b/c she is getting the start of a mullet. Lily's hair grew the same way but I think I waited a little to long to get her first hair cut haha. I cant tell what Lydia's hair is going to do. It looks like its going to curl at the ends which would be so cute! It's not like Lily's b/c hers was stick straight but Lydia has some thickness to her hair and the longer it gets the more and more it looks like its going to curl under. So we shall see what it's going to do.
She has 3 teeth now! She still has her one little tooth that has been slowly growing its way up and 2 more that popped through on the bottom. No top teeth yet but I feel the start of a little bump up there so we will see when they will decide to pop through!
I am sure there are a tun of things I am leaving out but thats what I have off the top of my head right now!
Oh! For her 1st birthday party the theme is going to be ladybugs! I am actually making her invitations and so far they are coming out super cute! I got a lot done on them today. I have been looking online and thinking of all sorts of cute things I can do for her party though and I am so excited! Its going to be lots of fun!



2 comments:

  1. Her hair looks so dark and curly- beautiful! Good luck with the ladybug party, it's so fun to have a cute theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her hair! It has so much body to it. I remember the first time I felt it, I wasn't expecting it to feel coarse. Maybe she has a little bit of Connie's hair! It doesn't look mullet-y at all, either! I think you can get away without cutting it for a while!

    ReplyDelete