Sunday, October 24, 2010

Name Game

So a lot of people have asked me if we have a name picked out or if I am going to go with another L name. I figured I mine as well just blog about it.
We do have a few names in mind and are always open to other names but as for a for sure set name we don't. To be totally honest if we did I probably wouldn't post it.

My reasons:
I like to change my mind a lot these days
What if I say the name and then decide I don't want to use it and then everyone thinks thats what her name is.
I want to use it later and I don't want anyone else to use it
I don't want to hear any negative comments or facial expressions

When I was pregnant with Lily we had her name picked out before we knew she was a girl and we never changed our minds. I loved her name and that was that. Sometimes I wonder how I was so for sure. I do have to say I love Lily's name and I am glad that I picked it. The only downfall is that there are SO many Lily's now. When I was pregnant with her I didn't know any and now there are a tun. Either way I think her name is pretty and oh well if there are a lot. She is my Lily and I love her! With Lydia we actually had a name picked out for a while but it was a little different and I didn't want to tell anyone b/c I didn't want to hear anything negative about it and I didn't want anyone to steal it. As some time went by I started to not love the name so much and we had to start all over again which was a little hard b/c Tyler was deployed to Afghanistan. I would try to find names when I was hanging out with my sister(who is my totally honest name opinion giver) or I would email Tyler and ask what he thought of differnt names. This went on forever until a few weeks before I had Lydia. We had 2 names picked out and I figured I would take those to the hospital with me and decide when I had her and talked to Tyler. Lydia has been mentioned after we found out we had a girl but I think we both kind of forgot about it until later. Once I was actually in the hospital Tyler called me and he was so sweet and excited and told me I could name her whatever I wanted. We both pretty much decided that Lydia was going to be her name. Plus Tyler and I both thought that giving her the same initals as Lily and I would just go. So that is how Lydia became Lydia and I absolutely love her name! I wanted to make sure that we chose a not so common name this time around. After I had her when I would tell people what her name was they would either say "oh thats a cute name" or just "oohhh." I honestly don't care if anyone likes it or not. Tyler and I love it and thats all that matters!
Now when we found out we were pregnant this time I had went back and fourth on going with another L name. Some days I would think I really should go with an L and other days I would think if we find a name we love and it's not an L oh well. I am back to pretty much going to go with another L name. Tyler thinks all the girls should have the same initials too. My sister and I were looking at L names the other day and we actually found a couple more to add to list. Tyler approved of 1 so far lol but I have to say it's a pretty cute one! I am excited that I have some more options now. I feel like the more kids you have the harder it is to pick a name. Especially when you limit yourself to only and L.
The one thing I will say for sure though is that her middle name is going to be Merriann. That is Tyler's grandmas name who passed away and it's really important to him to use it. Once we knew that was going to be her middle name it kind of helped us decided that since the middle name was going to be another M we should probably go with LML initials. So as of right now that is that on the name buisness.

3 comments:

  1. I am sure whatever her name is, its going to be one that fits her well. I had "Keira" picked out since I was eight years old. When Robert and I started dating, I asked him what he would name his little girl, and he told me, "Keira". I knew when we got pregnant, I was destined to have a girl.

    With Ayla, I also wanted different. I had her name in my list as a teenager. My parents told me that was one of the names chosen for me, and I loved it. So far, I only know of four "Ayla"s in existence, including her.

    Anywhoo, I just thought I would share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using Merriann for a middle name!! Now the girl are named after each of Tyler's Grandmas! (Connie's mom Lidia and now Merriann!) I love that and think it's so sweet!
    I am totally with you on not wanting any negative attention from the name, hence why we only told our best friends and parents about Ferris!! I think no matter what you name her (L or not) as long you love it then she will love it and it will fit her! Can't wait to meet another Ledbetter baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe Lindsey you crack me up...
    you have picked two beautiful names for your girls and I'm sure this one will be no different!! If you going with L's I think that will be super cute and if you decide to make it different it will make it no less cute!! I am so excited to see this little one! The beautiful Ledbetter Ladies!! Good Luck with the name game! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
    Enjoy the rest of your visit in California!!

    ReplyDelete