Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sissy Love & Space A!

I have missed my sister SO much! We went from living on the same base less then 10 min away from eachother for a year to me moving across the ocean to HI! It has been 7 months since I have seen her which I know isn't a rediculous amout of time to go without seeing someone but when you are so use to having your sister around it pretty much blows. Everything is so much easier when you have a sister around! I am SO lucky that we are so close and that we actually like to hang out. I missed my sweet little nieces too! It's been awesome having all us girls in the house just hanging out!
Tyler is doing some training on The Big Island for 3 weeks(they arnt allowed to shoot artillery on Oahu) I figured since he was going to be gone I mine as well try and visit my sister. Plus my brother in law is still in Afghanistan so I figured these last few weeks before he gets home would totally help the time go by for her!
Flying Space A wasn't as difficult of a process as I thought it would be but there are details and things you need to do before you can get on one. You can't just go and say ok I am ready to get on a flight and actually get on it. We flew out of an Air Force base about 30 min from the base we are on. We flew on a military plane which I was little nervous about. I was hoping the girls would do good and it turned out even easier then I would of thought! They gave us all ear plugs to wear since the plane is pretty dang loud. We sat along the sides of the plane and the whole middle of the plane was an open area. They told us that when we got to cruising altitude that our kids could run around, we could walk around, sit, lay down and just hang out. So thats what we did. Lily made a friend and hung out with her the whole flight. They shared snacks and watched movies on Lily's dvd player. The little girls dad even brought a pool floaty and blew it up so the girls could lay comforably on the ground. Lydia and I walked up and down the plane and both girls took great naps! It was seriously the most stress free plane ride I have ever gone on with kids. You didn't have to worry about bothering anyone with noise b/c the plane is so loud no one could really hear you. You didnt have to worry about kicking someones seat or your kid pulling or messing with the seat in front of you. You could walk around freely. It was awesome! I will totally try to fly this way whenever we can. Plus one of the best parts about it was it was FREE!! When in the world can you fly from HI to CA for free? I am seriously so thankful and greatful that we got on the flight and that everything worked out great! These are awesome perks of being a military spouse and I am so thankful that I have the ability to use and do these kind of things! I am going to try to head back to HI in about a week and I am really hoping that going back is as easy as getting here was. I have heard that it can be a little more difficult but I am going to think positive and hopefully it will work out great!
OH! Another awesome thing about us coming out here is last min my mom decided that since we were all going to be out here that she was going to fly here too! She gets in on Friday and we are all super excited for Omi to make her way tot 29! It will be a house full or girls and I am going to love every min of it!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you!!!
    I always wanted to fly Space A to Okinawa! (Although I've heard it's harder to go international) But I couldn't since I live 2 hours from an AF Base and Blake needed to know when I was coming so he would take leave. It would have been awesome though!
    Enjoy every second with all your lovely ladies! I expect to see LOTS of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roxanne! We are having lots of fun and yes there will be pictures posted soon!
    They fly to Okinawa ALL the time from HI! I told Tyler if he has to go on a MEU we will be flying to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! I wish I had known about Space A when I was stationed in Hawaii. That would have saved a lot of money, lol. Now, Robert and I are going to try to fly to Hawaii for a much needed vacation. Plus, that is where we fell in love ;)

    I am so glad you are able to see your sissy! I am miss mine. :( She is in Huntington Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw I'm so glad you got to go visit your sister and even better that you'll get to see your mom too!! I bet you girls are having an awesome time!! :)

    ReplyDelete