Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Morning!


MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas because we sure did! It was a bittersweet holiday season this year since we have never been by ourselves for Christmas. I do have to say though that even though we were a little sad we wouldn't be home for this Christmas, we were pretty excited to have our own Christmas this year and to see how it would all turn out! I think we would of gone home for the holidays but since I am a little over 36 weeks pregnant(which by the way I need to blog about my pregnancy soon! It is seriously flying by so fast!) it's not really recommended to fly this far along so it was a no go for us.
The closer it was getting to Christmas day the more excited we got! I think we went a little overboard with presents for the girls but you know what!? They deserve it and I love watching them get so happy!
Tyler and I got to spend Christmas Eve with some awesome friends yesterday which was great and then we came home, gave the girls a bath, put on their Christmas jammies and let them open up one present before bed like our parents use to let us do! After I put Lydia to bed we set out cookies and milk for Santa. The reason why we only let Lily do this is b/c I don't really think my chunky child would of understood why we were leaving cookies out and why she didn't get any. You cannot let that baby girl see cookies or she will flip! She is a fatty at heart just like her momma! After we set the cookies and milk out I read Lily's Christmas books to her and tucked her cute butt into bed!
When we knew she was asleep "Santa" came and filled the stockings and set out their presents! I thought it looked perfect and Tyler and I were so excited for it to be morning so we could see the girls reactions!
I was anxious for the morning to come and I actually woke up at 5, 5:45, 6 and then miss Lydia came pitter pattering in our room to get us up at 6:45. The first thing Tyler says is "can I go and wake Lily up!?" UMMM of course!! So Tyler went and woke Lily up! Ok so wait just a second! I just had a flash back for whatever reason lol. I remember Tyler calling when he was in Iraq for Christmas and waking us up! He couldn't believe we wern't up and opening presents! He made us get up and put the phone on speaker so he could wake Lily up on Christmas morning! Isn't that sweet!? Even when he was gone he still wanted to go and wake up Lily! Well Lily didn't wake up so sweet that morning haha. But this morning she woke up with a big smile on her face! Tyler said "Lily Santa came" and she said "yeah but you didn't see him because he is shy." Such a silly girl! She kept asking me last night when I was putting her to bed if when Santa came to bring presents if he was going to say HO HO HO!
When we came downstairs Lily ran to the tree and Lydia followed behind her. I think Lydia was a little confused as to what was going on but she figured it out pretty quick. We took the stockings down for everyone and once Lydia grabbed a few of her animal figurines out and sat on her new monkey bean bag she seemed content and didn't really care that there were any presents to open. Lily on the other hand was a machine! She opened up her presents so fast! She was getting so excited at everything and even screamed a few times at the presents she got! I was surprised at how good Lydia did with the unwrapping though. She started to get lazy towards the end and would say "UH OH" and have Tyler open them a little bit for her so it was easier for her to rip them open. She did most of this while sitting on her monkey bean bag lol. By the way Lydia is obsessed with Monkeys for whatever reason and she got lots of animal and monkey stuff!
The girls were so much fun this morning! Lily was her normal Lily self and I knew she would be so excited about everything! I loved all her comments about the presents she got and loved watching her rip them open! Christmas mornings seem to be so much more fun when you have kids! It seriously warmed my happy little heart watching them this morning! Lily and Lydia got completely spoiled and now have so many toys we are going to Target tomorrow to buy a couple cute storage bins/toy baskets for everything!
It was so amazing to see how happy the girls got opening up their gifts from us and everyone else! Our families totally out did themselves and we are so thankful for everything we all got! SO SO thankful! I just looked at everything and then looked at Tyler and I said there is so much stuff I am kind of overwhelmed haha. We are one lucky little family! I cannot wait until next year when we have 3 girls! My sweet baby girl in my belly even got a cute little pair of booties from Omi that I hung up on the tree!
I love my family and I am so lucky to have you all in my life!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!











No comments:

Post a Comment