Friday, May 20, 2011

Deployment #4

It has been 3 weeks since Tyler left for Afghanistan! YAY for 3 weeks down!
I have not blogged in forever and I just wasn't feeling the whole blog about Tyler leaving right after he left so here goes it.
Tyler left on April 29th for Afghanistan. This will be his 4th deployment in 5 years and his second time to Afghanistan. We were lucky enough to have Tyler home for 17 months before he deployed back to Afghanistan. This was the longest he has ever been home in between deployments. It beats 9 and 11 months in between deployments thats for sure! I feel really blessed that he was able to be home that long. Lots of good quality time together! We were of course so thankful he was here for little Liv's birth and for the months of her life that he missed with the bigger girls. We can now say that Tyler has experienced the newborn stage!
We were both not looking forward to him being away from us but at the same time ready for him to go so we could start the countdown. It's a weird feeling. I am sure some of you ladies know exactly what I am talking about though.
It was a sad day when Tyler left especially when Lily got upset after Tyler got on the bus. She was crying, saying she wanted her daddy. Totally pulls on your heart strings. Lily has her moments when she wants her daddy and I just have to remind her that he wants her too and that he loves and misses us very much. Lydia has been doing good. She is still little enough that she doesn't exactly get whats going on like Lily did but every once in a while she will cry and say "I YANT MY DADA!" It is mostly when I am putting her down for a nap or bed. The girls have been adjusting good which I am glad about! We all miss daddy like crazy but we are strong girls that are right here waiting for his safe return!
Here are a few pictures of deployment day #4. A big thank you to everyone who came to see Tyler off and a big thank you to Kristina for taking pictures for us!! Even though it was a sad day we wanted to capture these special moments and I really think she did that!
YAY for 3 weeks down and I can only hope that all the other weeks fly by too!
















2 comments:

  1. :( I hope the rest of this deployment flies by and you guys get to talk/skype a LOT! You're an old pro by now, but I still think you're a great Marine wife and such an independent woman! Tyler is lucky to have you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These 3 weeks have seemed to have gone by quickly and I hope they continue to go that way for your family. With 3 little girls I am sure your time is fully ocupied! Take care Lindsey :)

    ReplyDelete